Bug Reporting is the act of reporting any crashes, errors, glitches, or aspects of SimAirport which the player believes are unintended by the developers.
Before reporting a bug, it is important to have enough information to provide the developers, so that they have a clear idea of the issue.
When reporting a bug, it can be very helpful to include details such as:
- The game build type (default branch or experimental) you are playing
- The game build number, which can be found on the bottom of the main UI, towards the right side.
- The operating system and version you are running the game on
- What you were doing before the bug happened
- What the bug actually is
Accessing A Save File
If the bug is a technical issue which is affecting gameplay (as opposed to something such as a typo), it may help to send the developers your save file.
You can access the save file location from the game itself.
- Open the save/load screen in game, click on the "O" at the bottom right.
- The save game location should pop open in your file browser.
You can also visit the save file directory manually.
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SimAirport\SimAirport_Data\output_log.txt
- MacOS: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
Submitting A Report
Without A Save File
If you are submitting a bug report without a save file, the best place to submit the report is on the Steam Forums for the game, located in its Community Hub. The forum category of your bug report should depend on the game version in which you are running.
If you are running the default branch, it is recommended to post bug reports to the 'Bug Reports' forum, as this allows the developers to more easily see if there are any issues that need immediate attention due to affecting the general release, as the majority of players are playing on the default branch.
If you are running on the experimental branch, it is recommended to post bug reports to the Experimental forum, including the precise version of the game so that the developers have have a record of it when reviewing past threads.
With A Save File
If you wish to include the save file for your game in your bug report, you are recommended to email the developers directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should be formatted in the following way:
- Attachment: This should include the save file for your game
- Subject line: This should contain a 3-4 word description of the primary issue that is occurring in the attached file, as well as the date stamp of the version of SimAirport that you're playing
- Main body: This should contain details about the issue you are having. Please be as specific as possible, and include any other information that you think may be relevant (i.e. the game was lagging, or you had recently built a runway or a new road, etc).
In any case, there is a chance that the developers will not respond directly to your issue, however "[the developers] can assure you that [they] do look at every single save and log file received and get fixes for issues identified into one of the very next patches".